I cannot believe the last time I did a "random ramblings" post was way back in May of 2010. Since I have a handful of things (and by handful, I mean at least 10) on my mind and not any one thing heavily weighing me down, I figured I might as well ramble. So here goes.
- Earlier today, the weather people were calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow, with the snow to start in the mid afternoon and one of those inches coming before midnight. I cannot speak for the rest of the Pittsburgh area, but we have gotten at least three inches so far, at around 10 p.m. Brian has twice shoveled our driveway and sidewalks as well as our neighbor's, and each time everything was covered by the time he finished.
- Speaking of snow, I am scheduled to substitute tomorrow, which also happens to be "Steelers Dress-Down Day." I will be so bummed if I don't get to wear my Hines Ward jersey while teaching, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will have only a two-hour delay (already called).
- And speaking of subbing, once you are a grown-up and have learned a lot of things, it is often funny to hear the perceptions and beliefs of young kids. The third graders I subbed today worked on a science experiment about day and night. Several of the kids thought that the sun went underground at night, which probably sounds funny to anyone reading this, but is it that silly for someone so young to think that?
- I had a job interview this week, my first since October. I may share some details later, but in the meantime, I am happy to say I felt comfortable and I think it went well. I don't necessarily think I will get the position, and I am not even sure it is right for me, but if nothing else, it was good to get the experience.
- Are you ready for some football?! I was crazy-nervous last Saturday for the Steelers-Ravens game and was very glad I had the Pens game earlier in the day to distract me. What highs and lows! Hopefully, the game Sunday will be as exciting, but I won't be too disappointed if the Steelers cool the Jets handily. And if they lose? As I said last week, I expect to get over it pretty quickly.
- Glad Pitt finally has a(nother) new football coach. I was a bit disappointed that Tom Bradley (PSU defensive coach) did not get the job, even though WTAE erroneously reported he did, but hopefully this Todd Graham will work out.
- Here is hoping that PA's new governor does a good job, for all our sakes.
- I feel for many people who have suffered various tragedies lately, from the mudslides in Brazil, to the shootings in AZ, to the upheaval in Tunisia.
- And on that note, I wish all of you safe travels as well as kindness and compassion (both to receive and to give).