- money (expenses, spending, taxes, etc.)
- sports (easy to do when you live in the City of Champions AND are not a big baseball fan)
- kids (well, mine specifically)
- politics (though I have been lying low on this subject for awhile)
It is easiest to write about something I feel passionately about. Or, as is often the case with me, something that bugs me. When I was trying to come up with a name for the blog, I was debating between "Facie's ramblings" and "Facie's rants" (in either case, I probably should capitalize the R, but I am so sick of people capitalizing things they should not, that I left it lowercase out of spite). Since I tend to ramble more often than rant, I went with the former. And considering some coworkers asked if my blog was called "Facie's Rants" (well, my actual name) and I did not exactly want most of my coworkers to read the blog, I figured I made a good call with the name.
Since I have rambled on enough, I will leave with a comment about each of my favorite things:
- I don't understand why in today's economy someone would buy a house with 100% financing and an interest-only loan for the first few years. I saw it on HG TV the other day, and I was actually mad at the couple.
- For some reason, at the moment, I don't really care if the Steelers make it to the Super Bowl again, though, as always, I want them to get to the playoffs. On the other hand, I would love to see the Pens win it all again.
- Jordan made it through her first day of first grade, and it went pretty well for both of us. Hopefully tomorrow's full day will go as well, though I am a little nervous about dropping her off at the cafeteria to wait with the other kids when she still does not really know anyone.
- I don't think Obama is doing that bad of a job. Not great, but it is still early, and he is up against a lot. If I understood the health-care reform proposal (and if I had the desire to read over 1,000 pages), I would comment on it. Maybe some nonpartisan person can enlighten me someday soon.
Rambling over for now.