I have missed this blog, if only a bit. There have been at least a half dozen times that I wanted to write a post. Mostly they were rants, including some customer service issues, and a few were about life events. But when you are away from blogging for only a few weeks, how many things could you have missed about me? Not too many!
- I had my kid's birthday party at the Animal Rescue League's Wildlife Center. I like a party where you can give back, which is what we did. The girls made cat toys and bird feeders, and I made a monetary donation as well as bought a bunch of needed supplies. Everyone seemed to have a great time (one mom told me the next week that her daughter said that was the best birthday party she had ever been to). And considering this was Jordan's first friend party and probably her last for quite some time, I am glad it went well, my over-planning and running out of time notwithstanding.
- As you might have guessed, my kid had a birthday. She is nine. How can that be? Just yesterday, or so it seems, I was having contractions 12 days before my due date and was determined to work late to finish up an assignment just in case. Well, just in case was born the next day. My baby brings me so much joy and love (and frustration!).
- We went to the aviary two weeks ago. We had not been there in several years, and it is quite different. My favorite is the penguins exhibit, particularly the tunnels that allow you to watch the penguins swim under water. I also like feeding the lories, and this year a bird ate a worm out of my hand.
- My kid started fourth grade today. New school (merged with others), new people, but I am hopeful for a good year. I do my first lunch duty tomorrow. May the Lord be with me!
- I enjoyed the Olympics this year, and was sad to see them over. But I get over things pretty quickly.
- Did you watch Dallas 2012 on TNT this summer? Well, you should have. It was a great (not perfect) show. Every Monday I would be excited, thinking that Wednesday was only two days away. The only reason I am not looking forward to its return is because it comes in January, one of my least favorite months.
- I was really hoping not to get back to this blog before the election, but I was pretty sure that was not going to happen. I don't have much to say about it other than the political ads seemed to have lessened over the past few weeks, and for that I am grateful.
- I am mad at my favorite retail store, Kohl's, for not once, but twice, sending me the wrong size for a sweater. More on that later. Maybe.