The truth is that I could make time for this. But once I got the iPhone, the computer took a backseat. And it is fairly annoying trying to write a blog post from an iPhone. That was my last post, and it took me probably an hour. I could spend that time playing Scramble with Friends. ;-)
Anyway, let me just throw out a handful or three of updates, in case any of you still happen by these parts.
- Work has been going pretty well. The busyness comes and goes. It should pick up soon. But overall I'm still happy there.
- I am now pretty much a bus rider (are you listening, Shannon?!). As it turns out, my usual lot, according to the lot guy, is filled by 8 a.m. or will be for at least the next month or so, with commuting students. I simply cannot get there that early, so I have started to ride the bus, allowing myself one car ride a week, and thus saving some bucks. Look at me giving myself a raise!
- School has started, and so far, pretty good. I still have no idea how working parents get their kids to after-school activities. My kid does one thing a week, piano, and that works only because it is at the school and she can walk down to after-school care when she is done (which is where she goes every day anyway). We need more evening hours to be able to unwind, do homework, get dinner ready (which hubby does, thankfully), eat, clean up, play outside, make lunches for the next day, and get ready for bed. If we could stop the world for an hour every day, that would be great.
- I did a 1.5-hour Zumba class on Monday. It simply does not occur to me that I should not be able to pick up where I left off when I last did Zumba in March. So I went full force, and it went well. I realize at 41.5 years, I won't be able to do this picking up where I left off months later indefinitely, but I am going to embrace it while I can. Unfortunately, my riding the bus means I no longer walk up and down about 600 steps daily to and from my lot (my having done that for almost five months was probably the main reason why I could still do Zumba). But I do manage to get in other exercise, including walking up and down (and sometimes jogging) the 75 stairs to my office, the walk from my parking space in the bus lot to the waiting bus, and a walk most afternoons. It adds up. If only all the food I keep consuming was not keeping pace...
- I stayed up past 11 last night to watch the Pirates. I think it is safe to say I have never done that on a work night in September in my life. You know, because the Pirates have always been out of contention at this point since I have been a grownup.
- I am pretty sure the Steelers will not make the playoffs. I don't think I have felt this way, at least not in the last 15 to 20 years.What is old is new! Regardless, I think I am okay with it. But only because of my previous point and my next two.
- I hope the Penn State football team does well. Say what you want about the institution and the people who failed, but those football players had nothing to do with that.
- Looking forward to hockey season too! I totally expect the Pens to make the playoffs. Not sure about the Cup, however. I do think last year was their best chance.
- Oh, and I wish the U.S. would stay in our own country and not fight others' battles. I get it, but I don't get it. And that is all I will say about that.
- Fall is coming. Looking forward to it. Mostly. Now that school is back in, might as well embrace it.