Things that make me go hmmm
This post is kind of like a "Random Ramblings" post (interesting that I just capitalized the "r" in "Random" when I refuse to use initial caps in my blog or post titles), except it is specific to things as of late that either I don't get or I find interesting. Here goes:
- With all the technology out there, one might think (one being someone other than I) that when you click on the "Find product in store" icon on a company's website, and an "in-stock" notation pops up for a selected store, the product might, oh, I don't know, actually be in said store. Since I am not "one," I don't think that to be true. Mostly because it has not been true for Walmart, Target, and Walgreen's the few times I have used this feature in the past 30 days.
- Third grade seems a little young to have an i-Phone, don't you think? Well, I do. But apparently quite a few parents of other third graders do not agree if I can believe what my kid tells me. I cannot comprehend why on earth an eight- or nine-year-old needs a smart phone. Maybe someone can 'splain it to me?
- Why do we (and I know I am not the only one) continue to watch the weather when it is wrong so often? I bet I could be right about as much of the time if I just flipped a coin. Sounds like a challenge...
- I noticed that every pre-printed Christmas card I received listed the husband's name first. In case you were wondering, my name was first for our Christmas card. :-)
- For New Year's Eve, J and I (Brian was on-call) went to the house of some good friends. We were home by 10 p.m. because I would rather be off the roads long before the ball drops (or rises, as happens in Pittsburgh). Interestingly enough (to me, anyway) the last time I went anywhere for NY's Eve, other than when I spent it with my mom, was 9 or 10 years ago, when I went to the same friends' house (and was home long before midnight). Not sure exactly what this says about me, other than those friends are probably keepers!