Anyway, here is what has been going on in my life since last time.
- J is done with 5th grade. Hooray. This was a tough year for a number of reasons. She had a lot of HW up until the end; she had only one homework-free weekend the entire year, which I disagree with. She also was no longer friends with the group of friends she had been (their friendships ended at the very end of 4th. Looking on the bright side, we saved some money by missing out on birthday invites, and I did not and will not have to worry about taking time off work to get her to various gatherings held during the week. :-) I tell J that I went to an even smaller Catholic school and also did not have a lot of friends, but high school and college were different, each better than the previous.
- Things are still going well at the job. We are slowing down, but I know that won't last too long. If only I had more vacation time, I would take one day a week off during July. But still happy to be employed.
- That is one of the things about my working. I finally have money to do (some) things, but I don't have much time. Pre-job I had a lot of time...
- We are taking our first family vacation in five years this summer. It will also be our first vacation with just the three of us. I am really looking forward to it. I will hopefully have a good post around that. After our failed attempt two years ago, I do worry.
- We don't have a lot planned for the summer. We did the RiverQuest boat ride a few weeks ago, Kennywood the last day of school, mini-golf the weekend after, and the zoo last weekend. Not sure what else will happen. But June has definitely been busy!
- I have been getting in to better shape. I participated in a 30-day challenge (30 minutes of exercise) in 30 days. It was a challenge, but I did it. I am still trying to keep up with it, but I am okay with six days a week with close to 30 minutes per day.
- Someday I will write that post on healthcare. :-)
I hope all of you have a great summer. And I hope I get back here before another month goes by. Oh, and I hope the Pens can find a good coach soon. Who is left?!