Skip to main content

Maybe in March

At this point, I have no idea where all the snow is going to go. I don't think I am exaggerating when I say it will take weeks, surely a month, to melt. Especially if it keeps on snowing. I don't think it has stopped snowing for more than a day in the past six. Ugh!

On top of that, I am a little frustrated that school is closed tomorrow (Friday), which we knew Wednesday night. Why not wait until Friday morning to make that call, or how about at least Thursday night? I was scheduled to sub, plus the kids were having their Valentine's parties, so not sure what will come about with either. Guess I did not need to brave the elements yesterday afternoon to go out and buy valentines for Jordan's class. Oh, well.

Regardless, we don't live in MD or VA; shouldn't western PA be better equipped to handle all this snow? I guess I should quit my bellyaching and be glad that a plow has hit our street several times in the last few days, that our leak inside the LR window has stopped (still leaving the pot there, just in case), that our roof has held up (please don't let me jinx us by saying that!) and that we finally got mail today.

And it is pretty.

Comments

Sherri said…
It is pretty.... true. I'm quite enjoying the view of my deck that still has little while lights on it....lots of snow... makes me feel like I'm in Vail or something.

Popular posts from this blog

Why do they stand up there and say that when they are just lying?

That extra-long title is courtesy of my nine-year-old and was something she uttered during "Say Yes to the Dress" on Friday evening. I watch very little reality TV, but I make an exception for this show because I like to look at the dresses. And sometimes, the stories are heart-warming. Typically at the end of the show, a snippet of a wedding is aired. In this particular show, a woman who was confined to a wheelchair was exchanging vows with her fiance. After the two of them finished, J made her comment. I asked her what she meant as I must have been on the computer while the TV was on, and she explained that because so many people just get divorced, why do they even say "as long as we both shall live"? That is tough one, kid. I tried with what I thought was a sound explanation: Most of the people who get married truly believe they will be together the rest of their lives, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. But if you don't think that you will be ...

TMI

When I refer to TMI, I am not talking about people sharing (often gross) things they probably should not. But rather sharing a friend's or a relative's personal information with a spouse or significant other. I know people who have cheated on their spouses, had abortions, have been raped or victims of domestic violence, committed (minor) criminal acts, did not disclose things to the government that they should have, suffered from various mental aliments, and who have been drug addicts or alcoholics. In most cases, I have not shared that information with Brian unless the person told me I could or I felt he needed to know for family safety issues (e.g., you have to consider who you let your children around). I am certain he would think less of some of these people if he knew things they did, so what purpose does it serve telling him? But more importantly, I want these people who confide in me to know they have my word. I can honestly say I don't think I can trust any of ...

Do you ever just want to run away...

Yesterday's post was a rant about a fairly pointless two-hour delay. For the record, if it is snowing in the morning or if it has snowed throughout the night, I am not against a delay; the road crews have a lot of ground to cover. It is unfortunate for those who still need to get to work and are left scrambling to find child care or have to go in late. But I am all about safety. It is the temps that are clearly going nowhere any time soon that do not warrant a delay, again, in my opinion. It will be cold all day today. Having another delay today, once again, seemed pointless, but I am over it. ***** I had a rough weekend, and I have debated whether I should write about it. As my mom and one of my brothers are so fond of saying (though I will be paraphrasing), "Once you put it down in writing (on paper or in an email), it will always be there. You can't take it back." For that reason, when things weigh heavily on my mind, I don't always share them in this blog....